barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Oh what tangled webs we weave..., ...when first we practice to deceive.
aequitas
 Posted: Dec 12 2017, 08:10 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

Hi and hello, Meren here. I'm here in search of a few different roleplay ideas that are just nagging to be written but I am also down to discuss and see if we can come up with something we may both be interested in pursuing. I'll get a few of the usual tidbits out of the way, first, before moving on to the plots.

«♦♦» I have been around roleplaying for over 15 years now, so that means I am old (MSN chats were a thing when I started). I prefer to write with those who are at least 18, although I am more comfortable with writers who are 21+ due to adult themes and content. «♦♦»

«♦♦» I don't have a set paragraph or word limit when responding. It is what it is. Just please give me more than one line to work with. «♦♦»

«♦♦» I roleplay in 3rd person, past tense only and only roleplay through email because email is the easiest way for me to keep up with roleplays. I can be convinced to try Google Docs, but I have never used it so I may need talking through the etiquette of roleplaying over Docs. I do have Google Hangouts to discuss stuff in if need be as well as Discord. «♦♦»

«♦♦» My main characters are female. I do not require doubling and will not double. I do f/m and f// pairings. For side characters, I play either gender. «♦♦»

«♦♦» I prefer fandom roleplay over an original setting. That said, I have no qualms with taking fandom stuff and doing AU lines. I love it, actually, and am more than happy to pursue an AU version of characters. I will always choose fandom over original when it comes to roleplay, though. «♦♦»

«♦♦» Romance is not required. Let me say that again: romance is not required. I just like weaving stories, and not all stories require a romance plot. But a couple of them will involve romance because I do like romance okay? Also enjoy angst and fluff and all that jazz. «♦♦»

«♦♦» If we have a roleplay going, I'm not looking to replace you. I love you, dear partners. <3 I have room for a partner or two more, though, so that's why the ad is still up and being bumped. If we had something going and one of us died off and you're still interested, hit me up again. «♦♦»

«♦♦» I am looking for someone interested in a long-term roleplay (whether the same one or multiple lines) and who enjoys writing as well as plotting. I am also looking for someone who communicates with me: likes, dislikes, if something is causing a stalemate in the roleplay. I like talking to the people I roleplay with, getting to know you, sharing things (music, TV shows, movies, tumblr if that's your things). Just be open and honest, yeah? «♦♦»

«♦♦» If you are interested, please send me a message on here or shoot an email/hangouts request to written.secrets.within[at]gmail.com and we can talk from there. «♦♦»

Now to the plots.

»"One batch, two batch..."«

This is the highest on my list currently. I am offering up Karen Page for a Frank Castle (or anyone else really from the Netflix MCU shows or movies but mostly give me Frank).
♦♦Misc: This will be as canon-compliant as possible up through the events of The Punisher season 1 for Karen. After that, I am game for diverging from canon and going our own route with Karen and Frank (from here on out referred to as Kastle). I would like some fluff at first, watching Karen and Frank navigate their complicated relationship as Frank works on figuring out his life after. I'm down with bringing in Jigsaw later on and doing our own take on what may happen in season two or even Fisk as well since he poses a problem for Frank and Karen. Or just stick to fluff and happiness with angst and hurt and comfort, of course. I just want to write this and appease my inner Punishing Paralegal OTP desires. I also enjoyed Frank and David's relationship and bonding, so I am totally okay and down with throwing David at Frank and letting the snark and sass and smartassedry ensue between them. I am also interested in pursuing AU lines with the characters (any AU I am down for, no lie). I am Kastle trash, not gonna lie. Gimme gimme gimme.
tl;dr: I have Karen, I need Frank. Or anyone else to play Karen against honestly. Let's do this. Obviously m/f for romance.

»"And blood tears I cry..."«

This has always been my #1 love fandom-wise, no lie. I'm interesting in pitting my Noldor healer, Nessavendë, against just about anyone she would run in to in her time. She spans from the Light of the Two Trees to the Fourth Age, so there is a lot of wiggle room with her, generally, because Nessa is old but she is also kinda cranky. She would have more dealings with other elves and humans, not so much dwarves or hobbits, so just keep that in mind.
♦♦Misc: Oh yes, this desire is back (c'mon, it never really left). I'm down for playing her against originals and canon characters - both well-known canon and little-known canon. Platonic relationships, friendships, hateships, romantic relationships, bring it all on. Nessa can go m/f for romance or f//. This can run the gamut because of the history that Middle-earth is entrenched in (some good ol' freezing times in the Helcaraxë, perhaps? Wars? Fights over lands? It's all there). In the Second and Third Age, Nessa does travel often among the human settlements, so she is flexible in that regard which means she has dealings with not-so-savory characters as well as the normal savory characters. I am also game for AU lines (what ifs, things like what if Fëanor's sons all didn't die horrible deaths, etc) and also putting them into a modern setting of some sort. Let's see what we can come up with for her, hm?

»"I'll leave it to the memories and kiss the wind goodbye."«

My second Tolkien offering is a little-history-known canon character by the name of Lothíriel. She is the youngest child of Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, and she becomes the Queen of Rohan at the end of the Third Age/beginning of the Fourth Age when she weds Éomer.
♦♦Misc: Well, unlike the previously listed Tolkien desire, this one is a little more limited since her timeline is in the Third Age/War of the Ring era. I am game for playing her against a plethora of characters though - her cousins, her brothers, her future husband, or any original character you might have she would come into contact with which includes her future subjects. Let's see what we can come up with, shall we? Loth is only m/f for romance plotlines but I am down for all other things including friendships. Same for Nessa, I am interested in putting her into a modern setting as well and working something out.

»What else I may be interested in doing.«

Currently the three above-mentioned characters/plots/what have you are my most strongly desired to roleplay. However, I may be interested in a zombie apocalypse roleplay (currently digging this idea; I miss Shane in [i]The Walking Dead[i] and am bitter about Carl) or Werewolf: The Apocalypse stuff. The top three take priority, though.

--------------------
Tea for two...

user posted image
PMEmail
^
aequitas
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 03:14 PM

Awards:

Bump.
PMEmail
^
Semper__Idem__
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 07:46 PM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

What is your email?
^
aequitas
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 08:36 PM

Awards:

Shoot me a message and I will send it to you

Edit: here it is written.secrets.within[at]gmail[dot]com
PMEmail
^
aequitas
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 04:35 PM

Awards:

Bump.
PMEmail
^
aequitas
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 04:44 PM

Awards:

Bump bump.
PMEmail
^
rotten peaches
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 12:05 AM

Awards:
N/A

email/gchat is meganxvance @ gmail !
message me & we plot something possibly like a punisher/modern au? x
PM
^
aequitas
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 01:58 PM

Awards:

Done a little edit/update to the ad.
PMEmail
^
aequitas
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 09:34 PM

Awards:

Bring on the fun. (While I watch The Defenders and decide if I am going to watch Iron Fist or not...out of order, I know.)
PMEmail
^
aequitas
 Posted: Dec 24 2017, 11:47 PM

Awards:

Happy Holidays and Merry (early) Christmas!

user posted image
PMEmail
^
aequitas
 Posted: Dec 25 2017, 11:22 PM

Awards:

user posted image

Little editing to add and take away plots. What you got world?
PMEmail
^
aequitas
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 12:34 PM

Awards:

Look how cute he is:

user posted image
PMEmail
^
aequitas
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 08:55 PM

Awards:

user posted image

Added a little bit to the Hannibal plot. Still looking. Let's be friendly.
PMEmail
^
aequitas
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 12:23 AM

Awards:

user posted image
PMEmail
^
aequitas
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 08:27 PM

Awards:

user posted image

I am still looking for possible plots. If we had something going and you are still interested (and I haven't responded or you haven't in a while), nudge me. I'm always willing to begin anew.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs