barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

Remember the Pride You Lost So Long Ago..., LGBTQ+, Advanced, Email
White Fox
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 02:02 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

(Yes, this is a copied and heavily edited version of my old ad. So sue me. lol)

Okay! I feel like I'm horrible at these things, but here goes...

For the purpose of the roleplay, you can call me Phina (hi!). I seem to have slowly lost all my roleplay partners – such is life, I know - but entropy is only natural, right?

Anyway! I'm sure I'm going to scare people off by saying this, but I love both quality and quantity. I love writing detailed stories with strong character development and relationships. For me, it's the characters that are most important. I do understand that posts tend to vary in length as the roleplay goes on – I don't want filler, but please try for at least two paragraphs every time. I will write you novels (at least four paragraphs, probably more), especially if I am inspired. If that bothers you, we are not a good match. That being said, I am very laid back once I get to know you. If you have a character that I love, I will probably be more accepting of shorter replies (no less than a paragraph) - especially if I know a lot about them already.

I hate that we have to cover this at all, but all the standard rules apply. If you don't know them already, I will list a few of them for you, just because I'm nice like that. Still, if you haven't been roleplaying long enough to know them, it's very unlikely that we will make a good match.

*No god modding or power playing
*No Mary-Sues or Gary-Stews etc.

I won't bore you - you get the picture. Just show me respect and I will do you the same kindness. If you need to drop the roleplay, please tell me. That way, I know and I can move on (or we can create something new together). If you're going to be away -again- please tell me. Don't be afraid to tell me if something isn't working, either. Overall, I think communication is really the key thing here. I want us both to be comfortable with everything about the roleplay, and we shouldn't roleplay at all if something doesn't feel right. Other than that, just do your best to create/write a realistic and engaging character and we will be best friends.

Limits

Blood and Gore: None; realistic blood and gore is totally okay and a natural part of life
Swearing: None; swearing is a valid and a much needed form of expression
Smut: We fade to black unless I know you well.

Timeline
*I live in the Eastern Standard timezone
*I'm finished school and I don't work, so I have a lot of time on my hands, but I do spend a lot of time training for three different sports and parlour LARP/tabletop has become a passion. I can still get pretty busy, trust me.
*I will probably have time to post about once a week. However, as workload and other commitments change, it could be more often – or less often. I think the main issues now are energy levels and muse. I'm finding myself needing more roleplays than I had during school because I do have both more free time and more energy. I still get busy - I still have days where I can't reply - but I would like to have more than one active, long-term roleplay at a time. Muse and energy levels be damned.
*I will try my best to keep you updated on those changes. I expect you to try to do the same.
*I would love a reply once a week (more often is great, too!). However, I totally understand those when life eats you whole and you have to painstakingly de-zombie-fy yourself because there is/was just too much life going on at once for you to both handle and stay sane at the same time – never mind roleplaying! Just try to warn me?

Important Notes
*This roleplay will be 20 plus (I'm 27 now) and over email. I may do a forum or a Google Docs roleplay if you are lucky, though.
*Also! I primarily do queer roleplays. I haven't found a standard mxf roleplay fun in years. However, the full gender spectrum is more than welcome. I guess you could get me to do mxf that way...lol!

On to the genres!
*Sci-fi
*Modern/futuristic fantasy
*Gifted
*Runaways
*School (boarding school, arts school, high school, college)
*Dystopian Society/Post-Apocalyptic Society
*Anything with disabilities included in a positive way
*Some modern, slice of life stuff, where we can make cute, fluffy awkwardness together; think close childhood friends that accidentally get separated by life and are reunited years later and all the feelings that could/would bring up, or a long time unspoken crush that is only brought to light when a mutual friend brings together an unlikely couple
*Modern vampires, werewolves and mages
- I like characters with depth. I want fluff, but I also love it when a character has a backstory chalked full of things that make them them, both good and bad. I love to see how they are feeling, what they are thinking and why. I want to see them change and grow as time goes on and they process the things that have happened to them in life. I would love a roleplay and characters that I can get invested in, one that will make me both laugh and cry. Basically, I want realistic characters that I can relate to.

Odd Pairings
Rich x Poor (street kid)
Deaf x Hearing
Gifted x Gifted (or non-gifted human; think X-Men style)
Gay x Closeted
(Childhood) Best friend x (Childhood) Best friend

I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting...but any of these can also be combined together for even more fun! I want to take the time to plot with you.

Note: I don't really do fandoms, and I definitely don't play with cannon characters.

Contact Information
Email: WhiteFoxRoleplays@hotmail.com

*Replace the * with a . in the Skype name.

Random: The friendship between Matt and Foggy in Netflix Daredevil is really well done and adorable. Too bad I never play cannon characters. <3 That's the kind of bonding and character development that I live for!

Also! Something based on Sense8 would be cool. What I've seen of it so far is awesome - though I'm not sure how a roleplay could be done or how it would go. Falling Skies is also cool, as are Firefly, Orphan Black and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Oh! A note about my writing style: I tend to like to paint pictures with my writing, especially when inspired. I write detailed, flowy and almost poetic posts a lot. Everything has to fit together. If you like that sort of thing and have a writing style close to that, we'll be wonderful. That's a bonus in my mind.

I look forward to hearing from you!
PMEmail
^
White Fox
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 07:43 AM

Awards:
N/A

Thou shall not chicken. Thou shall only duck.
PMEmail
^
White Fox
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 09:19 AM

Awards:
N/A

Some medical shit went down, so I'm stuck at home with not enough to do.
PMEmail
^
White Fox
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 03:46 PM

Awards:
N/A

Please. Someone give me a reason to do more than just sleep all day.
PMEmail
^
White Fox
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 08:09 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump for a horrid night of pain and a severe need for distractions.
PMEmail
^
White Fox
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 01:35 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump...
PMEmail
^
White Fox
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 02:13 PM

Awards:
N/A

I didn't mean to do that twice.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs