barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

Exploring the ancient past - and with plenty of pizzazz, Mesolithic/Fantasy/World building
Zay
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 08:43 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Introduction

Hello, thank you for clicking (:

A little about myself: I am a woman, 23 years old, in the UK, currently have a lot of commitments (though roleplay will always be my passion) and I am looking for a hopefully long-term roleplay partner.

What I want

I’ve advertised for this in past, unfortunately pickings are quite slim. It's not really a chunk of the timeline that screams with popularity...

Nevertheless, I’d love to give it a crack with someone plenty open-minded and willing to humour me.
Simply put, I’m looking to create a world with someone that would be 'mesolithic' (think 12000 BC or earlier) with fantasy and supernatural elements either just thrown in for flavour in places or used much more extensively. Good news: As this is a roleplaying website, I’m looking for a roleplayer, which means you don’t have to be an expert of any kind. I’m definitely not.

I’d hope for it to be a roleplay to explore survival and the many ways people might try to understand the world around them. An opportunity for us to world build to our hearts content, conjuring up the unique clans of people that populate our landscape, the things that bring them together or tear them apart, the host of characters within them, or even without them, that breathe life into the story. A chance to see where their beliefs, desires and the power of the natural world takes them for better or worse.
Being a fantasy world, while we could borrow heavily from our world there’s no reason we couldn’t also fill it with whatever more we want, so long as the general feel of the era is preserved.

How I roleplay

Here are some things you should know about me as a roleplayer. Odds are, if you don’t get on with one of these, we’re going to have a bad time. If you want any clarification, or for any doubts to be put to rest, feel free to ask as I am an open book.

1. 2 paragraphs is perfectly okay for a reply, even less if things are moving quickly, but more is of course normal and fine, particularly for introductions. Something much more important to me is making sure we always have something to reply to in each others posts.
I tend to match my partners, though I would appreciate not having stringent wordcounts to meet.

2. I am a low maintenance roleplayer and often busy. If you want multiple posts a day consistently, I’m not the one for you. If I’m anticipating being very busy for any reason, I’ll let you know.

3. For limits, I don’t have any interest in roleplaying children in sexual situations, other than that I haven’t yet found any limits.
I feel I should make it clear (as these are common limits) that I have no problem with roleplaying gruesome violence, torture, rape etc. so long as it fits the general situation/flow of the story.

4. I am able to double if asked. Doubling or not, I always greatly enjoy weaving in side characters of varying levels of significance and I would hope you can do the same. If this isn’t something you like to do I’m afraid we’re not going to roleplay well together.
We both need to be able to rp NPCs as and when needed.

5. I have no problem roleplaying men or women, I ask for the same from you.

6. If a romantic and/or sexual storyline happens to come up, I strongly prefer m/f. I also prefer not to fade to black, though it really depends on how relevant the characters or situation is. I don’t consider myself smut focused, as great as it can be.

7. You must be 18+.

Contact me

My main way of roleplaying is over email: zaychallenge@gmail.com. I’m happy to do hangouts.
I have a skype as well if that’s what you’d prefer to plot and/or roleplay over (email me if you want it). If there’s another medium you’d prefer to use, it could be arranged – just let me know.

PMEmail
^
Zay
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 11:20 AM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

A little bump :3
I'm very open to any questions or event just to chat, here or wherever.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs