barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

You May Say I'm A Dreamer But I'm Not The Only One, MxF, Originals, Long-Term, Lit
MissConduct
 Posted: Mar 5 2017, 05:56 PM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

Hello! I’m Miss or Miss Conduct. I’m 20+, and I have been rping and writing for a very long time (back in those Neopets days, ahh) and I love me some roleplays. I haven’t had any on the go for a while, but I’m looking for really quality over quantity, though I can juggle a few, I’m just looking for ones that make me really excited to write, that make me think and inspire me. And as I do get really into the RP, I’m looking for people who are able to write back fairly often. I understand life, jobs, and all that, and yes, while I probably prefer to stay home more than most, I get how that will take priority over writing, and I understand waits and all that, I just know, for myself, the longer time I have between replies the less I’m enthused by it. I would probably try to respond once per day at least, depending how much I’m writing, and that of course, won’t always happen, things come up, and I understand that for you as well, I’m just saying, weeks between replies is a little too long for me. That said, if you no longer want to write with me, I do understand. All I ask is that you let me know so I’m no longer waiting on for it, that’s all, no hard feelings, really!

I roleplay on email, sylintstryder@hotmail.com is my contact, but I love instant messaging as well. I just find it really, really useful for planning and talking and thinking things out. It’s not an absolute necessity, but I think it’s pretty integral for discussions, and for that I have Skype.

LENGTH//I write quite a lot. My intros are pretty long, and I can easily reach 1000+, more so in doubles than singles, but it happens in singles as well. My responses can be shorter as well, depending on how much is going on. I like keeping things interesting and having more action-oriented roleplays than long conversations, so the more that’s going on, the longer they’ll be. I get pretty descriptive. I like to say everything that is going on with my character, how they’re feeling, what they’re doing. And I respond to what I get, and I like that as well.

Not having to notice every little thing, but most of what’s happening. I write and read pretty fast, and I like reading a lot as well, and I really prefer long responses over short ones. And I love, love people who are comfortable enough with the plot to move it along on their own. It’s a drain when I’m the only one moving anything along, it’s just hard to stay interested when I have nothing to respond to, the other reply is just them responding to me and not adding anything new. If you’re not comfortable with the plot, think that it’s too ‘mine’, not sure where to take it, please, that’s what’s discussion for. I want it to be mutually progressed by us both.

LIMITS//I have very few limits. I don’t want a just smut based roleplay, but I’ll write it as it happens, and I find it can be quite integral. If it’s really not preferred, I can live with fading to black. I love gore and dark themes, but I like more lighthearted ones as well. It doesn’t have to be all dark and depressing, but I do love me some traumatic stuff. I really love torturing (not always literally, but putting them into horrible situations) characters and getting into gruesome parts of their psyche, because it’s so much more fun exploring. So that said, I do prefer darker, emotionally gripping rps, although I am a sucker for happy endings, I like to torture them quite a bit before I get there.

I write MxF, either gender. I have nothing against F// or M//, I’ve just never done them and don’t think I would do them must justice. I prefer doubling, writing both sexes, if it can be worked into the plot and I find it super awesome, but it’s not a hundred percent necessary if we’re also willing to write side characters to make things interesting and just focus on one couple if the plot doesn’t really allow for anything else. And I do have a soft spot for forbidden romances as well, big age differences and etc.

CRAVING FOR ORIGINALS// I have had a major craving for science fiction, superhero sort of plots lately, but a bit darker than the normal men-in-tights world, these are more gritty, like Watchmen, Daredevil. My interests do change, and I do like quite a few topics, I also happen to love medieval fantasy, although right now I’m leaning towards modern sci-fi superhero-ism type rps.

I do have some plots in mind, e-mail me and I would be happy to share, if YOU have something in mind, please, I would love to hear them, to use those, or build on mine together. I do love when people have their own storylines they want to act out, we can work on it together.
I don’t like modern, slice-of-life, because I find real life boring without something extra thrown in, apocalypses, mutants, end of the world kind of thing.

I’m definitely down, and more than willing to discuss it and add things because I’m a really big sadist and love when bad things happen to characters and break their hearts into little pieces. Drama twists are lovely. Although I also am a super sucker for happy endings. I want to worldbuild, want to make up these whole new places to explore, to think up backstories and create a whole world together.

FANDOMS// I’m not in the biggest mood for fandoms right now, I would prefer something original, but I do have a soft spot for Dragon Age, particularly Dragon Age 2, because I love Fenris to death, but I would want a good, solid plot, and for that, I have none in mind. I also do like X-Men, the MCU, DC, but though I am craving a superhero roleplay, I’d rather it be a made-up one, not existing characters or really existing worlds.

But also, if there’s just something you want to RP, please ask! I might have forgotten to put it on here, and if you have a really good plot, please just let me know. Feel free to contact me, and I hope this wasn’t too much to read sorry-I-can’t-help-myself.
^
MissConduct
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 11:34 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

~~And a bump from me
^
Maddie
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 12:18 AM

Unregistered

Awards:

Sent you an e-mail!
^
MissConduct
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 01:25 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

A la bump, can handle some more partners smile.gif~
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs