barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

and a circus ain't a love story, all pairings, various genres!
cosway
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 12:33 AM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

hi hello! i haven't been able to get a quality rp in for ages and i've been missing it a lot and also need an excuse to get back into the writing groove, so voila. i'm 25, i'm a giant embarrassing nerd, i have a lot of emotions about a lot of things. i enjoy being able to have conversations with the people i rp with, so i'm always up for making some new internet friends (but 20+ age-wise, please!).

on that note, i do have a full-time job (and i'm over in pst), so most of my spare time will be evenings and weekends; i definitely won't be around for constant replies, and there will be nights i'm way too exhausted to manage words. if that suits you, then in terms of method of contact, i'm most accustomed to email and forums (for instance, right here) and discord. i'm also up for trying google docs, if that's your jam. my ideal partner would be someone who's pretty comfortable with writing -- grammar, syntax, all the fun stuff. (not that i'm out here on the hunt for perfection, by any means.) i'm really, really not picky about length -- whether you need 250 words or 1k words to get your point across, do your thing. i'm not at all obsessed about matching (unless we're talking someone providing substance vs. someone literally providing a single line?), so it's more about what works for you. quality always trumps, for me.

now, in terms of the rp itself: i'm open to virtually any kind of pairing (f/f, f/m, m/m, anything involving nb characters -- i'm also up for ot3s, of which i've included a couple below, so if you're into one of those lmk and we could potentially recruit someone else for a one on one on one deal) or rps without pairings entirely. i really love digging into characters and exploring their nuances and the things they find out about themselves in each other, etc. etc. i'm open to exploring all the fandoms i've listed either in terms of ocs or in terms of aus -- that is, if we wanted to drop some canons from one fandom into the setting of another fandom. if that's something you're into, just shout. and non-fandom things are fun, too.

i don't have many hard limits -- i'd prefer to roleplay for a while before we try diving into smut (which is definitely not a requirement; if you're a fade to black person, i'm happy to follow), but i'm pretty wide open in terms of violence/language. i won't play out sexual assault of any kind (if it's implied/a part of the character's history, that's fine) and i won't play out suicide (see previous note), but that's about it.

here's a hodgepodge list of some general plot and genre and pairing things i'm into; you can combine these however you'd like (or not) in whatever settings you'd like, so just let me know if something fits your vibe:

medieval (fantasy or not) including:
royalty/royalty, knight/royalty, knight/dragon, knight/peasant, royalty/peasant, royalty/dragon, knight/witch, royalty/witch, peasant/witch, dragon/witch, witch/witch, arranged marriage, etc.
urban fantasy or modern supernatural including:
literally any combination of supernatural creatures (mermaids? werewolves? witches? (!!!!) oh my?); detective/detective, detective/person of interest, ~normal detective/supernatural investigator, supernatural investigator/supernatural creature
anything based in potterverse in any available time period
gothic supernatural things
cool sci-fi things
superheroes, including:
hero/villain, hero/hero, villain/villain, sidekick/sidekick, sidekick/hero, sidekick/villain, hero/law enforcement, villain/law enforcement, etc.
d&d-based
(mostly in terms of taking ideas around race/class/maybe universe and playing with them, potentially?)
anything based in an avatar: the last airbender universe
(lok era, atla era, another era entirely)
asoiaf/got universe
(i haven't watched the show in ages and i never got all the way through affc, so i probably couldn't do a canon thing, but i'd still be up for digging into some of the ideas)
pokemon universe!
i'm not familiar enough with canons to really use those, but pokemon has been close to my heart for over a decade and i would love to explore it! whether that means going around catching 'em all or doing some, like, post-apocalyptic rendition of a pokemon universe. truly anything.
random pairing ideas
rival celebrities (or rivals in some sort of competition/reality show); rival competitors at the olympics; olympic athletes in very different sports; teammates; poly!; sibling/sibling; stepsibling/stepsibling, sibling/sibling's friend; sibling/sibling's significant other; friend/friend's significant other; teacher/teacher; professor/student; infidelity; friends with benefits; enemies with (secret?) benefits; fake dating; assassin/target; assassin/assassin; hacker/government agent; hacker/law enforcement; political affairs (rival politicians? politician/intern? politician/politician's significant other? etc.)

honestly just let me know what you're into and i'll probably give it a go!

and now, onto fandom things! i've listed some characters that i'm open to playing -- i can be talked into most pairings, but i'll note the ones i feel like i wouldn't be into. honestly about 92% of the ships i care about are non-canon, so don't hesitate to suggest anything! italics mean i've played the character before; underline means i'd have to do a little more research/further investigate or refresh myself on the character. exclamation points mean i am Very Into This Thing Right Now.

angel/buffy the vampire slayer
angel, buffy, cordelia, faith, willow; ocs including potential, slayer, watcher, etc.

critical role
allura, grog, keyleth, kima, pike, vax, vex, ocs

daredevil - tv only
elektra, karen, marci, matt

harry potter
ocs. many ocs in any era. (i could probably also be talked into picking up some minor characters -- or even some marauders characters -- but it's been so long now since i've picked up the series that there's SO MUCH PLOT i don't remember exactly.)

jane the virgin
adam, jane, petra

jessica jones - tv only
claire, jessica, luke, malcolm, trish

legends of tomorrow - tv only
amaya, kendra, leonard, ray, sara, zari
amaya/nate isn't really something i have a lot of interest in exploring, but i'm open to being talked into it. also, i've never seen arrow, so while i'm open to looking things up, there is that.

life is strange
chloe, max, victoria
i haven't yet gotten to play -- or even watch much of -- before the storm, so my knowledge there is fairly limited. definitely open to doing some research, though.

once upon a time
anna, elsa, emma, killian, milah, mulan, red/ruby, regina
i haven't watched since partway through s6, so beyond that i know very little. also, emma/hook isn't usually my jam, but i'm not an immovable object here or anything.

professor marston & the wonder women (!!!!!)
elizabeth, olive
i would honestly die for anything here? an elizabeth/olive/william thing would be amazing, but so would something elizabeth/olive-centric or even an elizabeth/william exploration? i'm kind of obsessed with this movie. less interested in bringing the exactness of the actual people who existed into it and way more interested in dealing with the characters the movie crafted, so. yes.

supergirl - tv only
alex, kara, sam

wynonna earp - tv only (!!)
dolls, rosita, waverly, wynonna

MORE TO COME, PROBABLY. when i remember other things. in the meantime, you're welcome to post here, pm me, send me an email (awpizzadog@gmail.com) or discord me (awpizzadog#4681)!
PM
^
cosway
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 01:14 AM

Awards:
N/A

still definitely open to some roleplay!
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 6 2017, 11:48 PM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

sent you an email! 🖤
^
cosway
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 03:52 PM

Awards:
N/A

this last week was a total mess, but i'm back and alive and have sent out emails and am still open to grabbing another partner or two. 💞
PM
^
cynda1
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 04:20 PM

Awards:
N/A

Hi! I'm cynda1 and I sent you a friend request on Discord. If you like, I'm really interested in doing the post apocalyptic Pokemon rp with you!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs