barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

looking to get back into this!, any pairing type, modern, realistic
jules
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 03:08 PM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

howdy!
i've been roleplaying for a Hot Minute (almost 10 years) but i've been on a pretty long hiatus and i'd love to get back into it.
i don't want to waste anyone's time so lemme just give yall some bullet points.

im cool w/ whatever pairing types (m/f, f//, m//, trans or non-binary characters, etc)

i can play male or female and i dont really care what you play

im good with either doubling or not

my intros are usually pretty dang long, but replies are much shorter. generally around two paragraphs, but i play off what you give me. if you give me a lot to work with, i'll give you a lot. if the characters are just having a general conversation, long posts are just unnecessary.

as for limits: i generally dont fade to black, but sometimes im totally fine with it. if you dont feel like writing it out, just let me know. language is no problem. violence is fine but i'll warn you that im not good at writing it. my only real limit is self harm. if your character deals with self harm, thats fine, but please dont write it out.

i don't do big age gaps.

i'm looking for something modern and realistic. i'm just not a fantasy fan.

i generally play characters in their early to mid-twenties

i don't have many genre/pairing ideas, but here are a few. please suggest something better! (a lot of these can be combined)

something set in the south bc the south is great and also weird
gay x straight
enemies to lovers
single parent x babysitter or nanny or teacher
roommates or neighbors
summer camp (we'd play counselors/staff)
married at first sight (you know, like that show?)
contestants on the bachelor/bachelorette (maybe like, bachelor x contestant, bachelor/contestant x crew member, contestant x contestant)
^
jules
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 03:08 PM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

i totally forgot to add my contact info!
flutekiller@gmail.com
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs