barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Seeking Lighthearted/Smutty Pokemon Lines, M x F // Story/Smut or PWP // E-mail
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: May 10 2016, 11:26 AM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Name: Vyce
Timezone: EST
Looking to RP Via: E-mail only (see below)

Greetings, everyone! Like everyone else here, I've got an RP hunger that I'm hoping someone will be willing to help sate. In my case, I'm looking to do some Pokemon lines over E-mail. And, to be even more specific (and shameless), I'm seeking some canon x OC lines to boot. Because I'm over 21 years of age and looking to involve smut in some capacity, partners must be 21+ years old and all characters must be played 20+ years old if they aren't already older. I'm very laid-back and flexible in terms of post frequency (even once or twice a week's fine); just keep me in the loop.

If any of the above put you off, then I wish you well and hope you soon find a more appealing partner. But if you're still game, please read on.

1. I'm equally open to largely (or entirely) smut-centric lines as I am more plot-centric tales where smut's a delightful side-dish. (Here is my F-list if interested.) One-shots, short-term and (if we mesh) long-term lines are all equally doable.

2. I generally post one to four paragraphs solid paragraphs per post (3rd-person POV only, please), so please be comfortable matching that. (Writing samples are viewable here.) I don't demand perfection, but solid effort is a requirement; lazy and generally sloppy writing just kills my RP mojo. And if you want to end a line, a short and sweet "I wish to stop this RP because [reason]" will suffice.

3. I'd rather not be limited in selecting Pokemon and such, so please be fairly up-to-date with the anime/games...at least up to the 4th (Sinnoh) or 5th (Unova) regions, or willing to use Bulbapedia. (The chosen region is fair game.)

4. Writing detailed Pokémon battles, describing the attacks and the scene in general much like the anime, is kinda required. "[Name of Pokémon] used [name of attack]!" ad infinitum is...well, boring.

5. Let's toss the "Four Moves of Doom" limit aside. I prefer the idea that a Pokémon can use any of their listed moves, and if a move can be used by a Pokémon at any given point, it can be learned. (In fact, trying to hone said move could be an interesting mini-line in itself.)

6. I'm not interested in Pokémorphs, Poképhilia (human-on-Pokémon sexual encounters), or "dark and gritty" storylines.

In terms of mood, I'm looking to maintain the largely lighthearted tone of the anime/games. Highspirited action/adventure, comedy, levity, meaningful conflict (not endless melodrama), character growth, optimism, occasional fluff, copious amounts of smut (when appropriate)...that's what I'm looking for here. Some potential starting points are:

1. The typical adventures of a Pokémon journey. This one is an oldie, but goodie. (If you prefer, we can take an in media res approach where they're both fairly seasoned, instead of immediately starting at the way beginning when they're just getting starters.)

2. Clashing over a rare Pokémon. Perhaps two trainers separately come across--and weaken--a rare Pokémon, only to clash when each have a fair case for capture. Maybe said Pokémon is far too cunning for either one of them to catch separately, forcing a team-up to put it on the ropes and let a future battle settle ownership. Perhaps the two are already in the middle of a battle, and a third party attempts to Poke-block them both and steal the prize from under their nose. Perhaps that third party could have more sinister motives for claiming the Pokémon than the other two, leading to a brief team-up and escape to safety.

3. Outright romantic/smut-centric encounters (the classic offering of alternate payment in lieu of a Badge/Ribbon, etc.). I'm game for these (particularly if just for a one-shot deal), though I'd like there to be a bit more detail and motivation than that.

4. Slice-of-life tales and adventures detailing the daily lives of Gym Leaders, Frontier Brains, Team [blank] members, Elite Four trainers and the like. For such seasoned vets, life isn't just sitting around waiting to spank another cocky greenhorn. How do they train their Pokemon, interact with others (peers, proteges, the public, etc.)? What do they do besides being a Gym Leader/Frontier Brain/Elite Four member? Likewise, what are some classes like among the Team Rocket grunts and such? (I'm more than open to both our characters being Gym Leaders, Frontier Brains, Elite Four members and the like.)

5. Various "snapshots" of the characters' interactions, creating a chronicle highlighting their evolution from acquaintances/rivals/strangers, to friends, to lovers and such. This wouldn't have to be a linear thing; we could jump from one scene to the next and use time skips when needed.

As I mentioned up top, I'm looking for partners willing to play as certain ladies from the Pokemon anime opposite one of my male Pokemon OCs. (Bios are available upon request, but I'm particularly interested in playing a dual Trainer/Coordinator and lover of telling tales, or a young man who vows to become the first Grass-type Elite.)

From the anime, I'd love for a partner to play as Jessie, Misty, Fantina, Officer Jenny, Georgia, Lorelei, or Delia Ketchum.

That said, I'd also be interested in anyone willing to do some crossover-esque deal in transplanting one of the following non-PKMN canons into this universe (or using them as an Expy/faceclaim):
Peach, Daisy, Zelda (Nintendo)
Isis Ishtar, Mai Valentine (Yugioh)
Female!Ranma Saotome (Ranma 1/2)
Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters)
Moana, Jasmine, Esmeralda (Disney)
Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)
Katara, Suki, Ty Lee (Avatar)
Sakura (Street Fighter)
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy 7)

So, if this idea interests you, E-mail me at vycemr@gmail.com (make sure "Barbermonger" is somewhere in the Subject line) with the following info:
What drew your interest
Any mutually-shared kinks we have
A small RP writing sample or a link to one
(I've found it goes a long way in showing if we mesh)
Any RP dislikes, pet peeves and dealbreakers you have
Anything else you think is relevant or I should know

If you aren't interested, I wish you the best of luck with your own search!
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: May 11 2016, 11:46 AM

Awards:
N/A

Bump.
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: May 13 2016, 08:09 AM

Awards:
N/A

Bump.
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: May 20 2016, 06:16 PM

Awards:
N/A

Thread update and change bump. smile.gif
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: Jun 15 2016, 10:25 AM

Awards:
N/A

Update bump.
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 12:24 PM

Awards:
N/A

Update bump. Have a happy (and safe) 4th of July weekend, everyone. smile.gif
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: Jul 7 2016, 08:06 AM

Awards:
N/A

Bump.
PM
^
XMadnessLoverX
 Posted: Jul 7 2016, 03:12 PM

Awards:
N/A

Question. What other Final Fantasy games do you know because I am more familiar with Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns.
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: Jul 11 2016, 07:03 AM

Awards:
N/A

Update bump.
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 06:23 PM

Awards:
N/A

Another update bump.
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: Jul 18 2016, 10:17 AM

Awards:
N/A

Update bump.
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 10:26 AM

Awards:
N/A

Bump.
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: Nov 4 2016, 03:05 PM

Awards:
N/A

Dusting off this fairly old ad; happy Friday, everyone. tongue.gif
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: Dec 13 2016, 07:59 AM

Awards:
N/A

Update bump; hope you're all having a wonderful holiday season! smile.gif
PM
^
Mr. Vyce
 Posted: Dec 19 2016, 06:37 AM

Awards:
N/A

Another update bump.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs